Five Easy Steps to Staying Motivated
Motivating yourself to excel at your job or to be an example to your employees, should not be something you do only when the spirit moves you. It’s an ongoing process that should include every facet of your business life. This means your mental attitude, physical well-being and appearance, work atmosphere, your interaction with others (clients and employees alike), and your off-the-job environment.
Motivational experts get paid big bucks to tell professionals, striving for success, that they must constantly examine these factors. How do you do that? Follow the 5 tips that follow, and watch the changes.
1. Maintain a Positive Attitude – Let’s realize that life is only 10% of what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. We’re responsible for our own actions and attitudes, and changing them when appropriate. When you’re around people/things that are uplifting and positive, you feel that way. You have more confidence in yourself, and know you can change whatever needs changing. If you can make your workplace such a place you’ll find happier workers and higher production. You might even find your employees look forward to coming to work!
2. Leave Personal Troubles Home - Everyone has problems, but they don’t belong at work. Turn your attention and energy entirely to your on-the-job tasks. This will actually be good for you because you’ll get a mental break from your troubles.
3. Create Positive Affirmations - The reason for writing goals for your business is the same as creating positive affirmations on paper. What your eyes see and ears hear, your mind will believe. Try it! After you’ve written them down, read them aloud to yourself – and do it every morning when you get into work. You’ll be amazed at what happens. Come up with a set of new ones every month. Statements such as, “I’m an important and valuable person,” or “I know I’ll make good use of my time today.” Repeating them out loud everyday at a set time will help reinforce positive actions.
4. Make Sure Break Times Are Really Break Times - This is an area where most bosses/entrepreneurs fall down. You become so intense about the project or situation you’re working on that you don’t ease up. Thinking that it’ll be solved in the next few seconds, and then you’ll get a cup of coffee can lead you right up to quitting time. Regularly adhering to a specified break schedule, even if you’re the boss, releases the tension. If you work on a computer this is even a greater problem because before you realize it – you’ve been working in that same position for hours. The best answer to this is to set yourself a reminder on your appointment calendar for every 2 hours, and let the computer reminder chime send you the alert to move around.
5. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise - I know that lately it seems that “exercise” is the cure-all to every physical ailment or your love life, but despite that there is some truth to that ugly word. By “exercise” I don’t mean that you should go out and join a gym and spend your lunch-time, 3-days-a-week there working out. What is really beneficial and workable is that at those chiming alerts from your computer, get up and walk around your desk or room. Maybe go outside and get the mail and enjoy the sunlight (if you’re an entrepreneur that has a home office), or just get up and do a few stretches. Concentrated, tense thinking – typing - plotting plans - or whatever your work, makes all those muscles tighten up and knot up. Then when we move we “ooh” and “ouch” because we’ve knotted up into a ball of tension. Periodic stretching, even at our desk, or just getting up and walking over to the window and getting a different view can help. One of the greatest disservice modern business décor has done to us, is making our offices pristine, sleek, unencumbered spaces. There is nothing more relaxing than getting up from your desk and walking over to a peaceful, serene, seascape or pastoral painting and just drinking it in visually. Momentarily transporting your mind out of work and into that place does wonders. A few good paintings and less shiny chrome in offices would benefit us all.
It only takes a little concentrated effort on our part to keep motivated and productive, which leads to success. I know you’re going to hate hearing this, but it’s true anyway – and that is, “WHEN LIFE GIVES YOUR LEMONS – MAKE LEMONADE!”
ACV (1) Addin (265) agenda kristian (3) Agong (1) Akhirat (2) Akidah (5) Al-Quran (23) Al-Quran Digital Readpen (3) Amanah (8) Anak yatim (2) apple cider (1) april fool (1) Aurat (1) Bajet (1) Bajet 2014 (1) Berita (67) Bonus (1) Cerpen (2) Cinta (25) Coklatminda (1) cuka epal (1) Derma (6) derma palestine (1) Doa (8) Doa Akhir tahun (1) Doa awal tahun (1) Ebook jana RM (13) Elaun (1) Famili (49) free (4) free cash (2) free cek (1) Gaji (12) Gaji Agong (1) gaji baru DG41 (8) gaji baru guru (6) Gaji baru guru 2013 (1) gaji kakitangan awam 2015 gaji 2015 (1) Gaji MP (1) Gaji PM (1) Gaji Sultan (1) Gambar menarik (191) games (1) Gula Stevia (2) Gula stevia air zam-zam (2) guru (2) guru berkesan (1) guru oh guru (1) Hadith (27) Halal (14) Halloween (1) hari guru (1) Hari ibu (1) Hijrah (11) Hudud (2) Hukum (10) ilmu (6) Imam Mahdi (1) internet (1) IRM (1) Islam (1) isreal (1) Isu (302) jadual gaji 2015 (1) Jaga aurat (1) jam azan (1) Jenaka (65) Jom belajar (35) Jom melabur (10) Kesihatan (147) Kiamat (2) komputer (3) Kristianisasi (1) laksa sarawak (1) laksa sarawak hj Manan (1) Make money (55) MAS (1) MAS MH17 (1) MAS MH370 (1) Meaning of life (1) MH17 (1) MH370 (1) My Qalam (4) myqalam 4 kids (1) onexox (1) online survey (1) pa (1) palestine (1) Pasport Khulafak (3) PasportRasul (4) paste laksa (1) paste laksa sarawak (1) percuma (5) perlindungan takaful (6) Pilihanraya (2) Plan Medical card (1) Plan Ummah (1) PM (2) Politik (4) promosi (1) PRU 12 (1) PruBSN (6) prubsn takaful (1) Rasul (2) Rasulullah saw (3) Renungan (153) Rezeki (14) RM percuma (2) rumah rasul (1) Saham akhirat (1) sajak guru (1) sajak guru oh guru (1) SAVE PALASTINE (5) Sedekah (2) Seminar buat RM (2) Sesat (1) siapalah kita (1) sifir gaji SPBA (7) Sifir gaji SPBA terkini (6) sifir gaji SSM (3) simkad (1) simkad onexox (1) simkad RM10 (1) simkad termurah (1) SPBA (6) SPBA 2012 (3) spba batal (3) SSM 2012 (2) SSM baru (2) Stevia (1) Sultan (1) sunnah (3) survey (1) survey online (2) Syiah (1) Taat ibu bapa (1) takaful (6) takwim (3) takwim 2014 (1) takwim 2015 (1) takwim 2016 (1) Takwim persekolahan 2015 (1) takwim persekolahan 2016 (1) telur tiruan (1) umat (1) Ustaz Haslin (2) valentine (2) web hosting (4) xox (1) zionis (1)